Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kiss Me Kate!

Straight after Verona and continuing our worlwind tour, we headed to Padua. Another Shakespeare city and the setting to my favourite of all his plays, The Taming of the Shrew.

"For the great desire I had to seefair Padua, nursery of arts, I am arrived…and am to Padua come, as he that leavesa shallow plash to plunge in the deep, andwith satiety seeks to quench his thirst".—William Shakespeare

But there was no time for me and Pier to re-enact Katherine and Petruchio scenes because we were on a schedule and Pier's mom had made an appointment to see inside the little Scrovegni Chapel. Completed in 1305 the entire inside was brightly frescoed by Giotto. I couldnt take any pictures in fact we had to be disinfected before entering, but take my word for it when I say the celing was painted and electric blue with twinkling stars that made it look as if the heavens were singing.



After the chapel we walked threw the rest of the museum and came upon a women cleaning and restoring a painting when seems like a really cool job!

















I got holes in my socks from walking so much and it was raining.



“Why there’s a wench! Come on, and kiss me, Kate” (again William Shakespeare)

No comments: