Monday, February 25, 2008

A Walk In the Park









Because almost everything is closed on Mondays, It’s a perfect day to go walking in the park. Today I chose the Parco Della Rimembranza. This is a section of the larger Parco del Po and was set aside after WWI to commemorate all of the citizens of Torino who died in 1923-25. This park has many hills and if you keep walking up you eventually get to the highest point in Torino and the Winged Victory beacon which is much larger then I expected. On a clear day it also is a super view of the city and a great place to have a picnic. There are so many forks in the path here in this park that getting lost is expected and part of its charm. Making sure I looked down as well as up, I found a wild Dogwood Violet just peeking out of the ground, a little early for spring. There is a map for this park but I leave it at home. Im still going to get lost and its a new and different place everytime I go.

1 comment:

Binzi said...

Hello hello.... your picture are amazing honey!! I really like this bolg... hope somebody else can see it.
Love you