Sunday, August 10, 2008

Book Review!

Seeing how many weeks this book has been on the best sellers list and considering how many millions of copies it has sold, you have probably already read Eat, Pray, Love, but I have just finished it. I review it here on my Italian blog because the author spends one third of the book examining herself by exploring Italy. The book is broken up into thirds and I found it like 3 totally different books just with the same main protagonist in each story. Therefore the whole book was good but choppy but it's the Italian part that I could read again and again. I kept reading the mouth-watering and artful description of Neapolitan pizza over and over and then aloud to Pier because it was so spot on.
Overall the 'travel by yourself and find who you' are' element of the book is what was the most attractive thrill for me. It's a chick lit instant classic. I guarantee we will see it moving to the big screens coming soon to a theatre near you and then it will become a chick flick instant classic.


Favorite quote: pg. 79 "So Sofie and I have come to Pizzeria da Michele, and these pies we have just ordered-one for each of us-are making us lose our minds. I love my pizza so much, in fact, that I have come to believe in my delirium that my pizza might actually love me, in return. I am having a relationship with this pizza, almost an affir. Meanwhile, Sofie is practically in tears over hers, she's having a metaphysical crisis about it, she's begging me, "wht do they even bother thrying to make pizza in Stockholm? Why do we even bother eating food at all in Stockholm?"

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

I read this last year and loved it!

Jennifer said...

I have to get this book! I love that quote and have felt both characters feelings about great food. I clearly have yet to have had great pizza!

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

I just grabbed this at the library. Thanks for the recommendation.