Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wine Tasting with me

Name: al Tralcio Antico Chianti
Year: 2009
Description: Chianti is my favorite Italian wine of all time...well, until I come across another that goes down just as sweet. It's a Tuscan wine that is usually aged for 2 to 3 years. It has a deep dark red velvet color. "Tralcio Antico" means old branch in Italian and that is a fitting name because this wine has a smell of vintage wood to it, which I gather is the oak barrel effect. The taste is smooth and not light but also not heavy. A medium wine.
Price: 3 euros

Recommendation: I recommend drinking this wine after a busy day where you waited waaaay too long in an Italian post office line only to find out when you got to the front, you've been standing in the wrong line all along and you need to be in that line over there which is twice as long as the first one and by the way they close in a few minutes and the next 3 days are saint so and so's holiday and so the post office will be closed. Ya, this wine goes great with that day. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy said...

Lovely blog! I love chianti and you have some really cool photos here. How long have you been in Italy? Ciao Catherine

kathy t said...

Troppo Bello questo articolo! Un po' di vino ti fa sempre bene...
Chelsea, your blog is molto carino and I read it often. I'm an Italian-American with cousins in Torino. It's such a treat to read your entries. Mille grazie!