Sunday, September 28, 2008

On an Evening in Roma

I have lived in Italy for almost one year now and I have learned many things about Italian people. One thing I have learned that is quite different from Americans in general is that Italians are not shy, at all, about showing love and affection in public. At any age. At any time. At any place. It's never uncool for young or old to walk hand in hand or to declare love in front of all your friends. Most of the graffiti around the city is "Te Amo Amore" or " Francesca e Sempre". Public displays of affection are never met with, "Hay! Get a room!" And the radio is full of love songs.


















Down each avenue or via, street or strataYou can see 'em disappearing two by two
On an evening in Roma
Do they take 'em for espressoYeah, I guess so
On each lover's arm a girl I wish I knew
On an evning in Roma

No comments: