Monday, August 30, 2010

Free Concert!

Ever go to a concert where you have no idea who the musicians are but it's free so you say, why not?! Then after the concert you find out it was two of some of the most famous singers in Italy! Ever have that happen to you? It happened to me last night. A girlfriend called me up as I was just settling down to a vintage episode of CSI: Miami. "Come down", she said we are just outside your house going to the free concert put on by the Democratic Party of Italy. "Why not" I said and grabbed my camera and keys and headed down to meet them. It's not until after the show that I learned who I had just seen. Here is a little blurry video I took:

Turns out I had been watching Lucio Dalla and Francesco de Gregori which in Italy is the equivalent of me saying that I just saw Mick Jagger and Bono playing a few of their hits on stage together.Here is a non blurry video of these guys, they sung this song at our show as well:

If you were there tell me what you thought!

4 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Wow! Did you just miss the advertising for this event? Even I have come across these names on my list for future posts. Although I am still not very good at matching songs to names yet. My Sunday Song feature is helping with that. In fact my post this weekend was about a charity event in Roma with lots of pop stars and that was free as well!!

Italian Postcards said...

You are right LindyLou, I missed everything! Right after the concert I got a schedule of everything coming up for the coming months, but I will say it is fun to just happen upon events too. I look forward to seeing your posts on the concert in Rome!

LindyLouMac said...

Unfortunately I did not go but was hoping someone else might!
My post was yesterday :)
http://lindyloumac.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunday-song-gianni-morandi.html

LindyLouMac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.