Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm With Him

Because Pier's father is a predominate business man in Torino, he and his family were invited to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Subalpino Club, which is a club made up of important movers and shakers of Italy. The club held a fancy dinner at Palazzo Reale (the royal palace). We ate in the 400 year old ballroom which is immaculately decorated with frescoes, chandeliers, statues, and glittering gold brushed ceilings. We sat next to the CEO of the Juventus soccer club! When we arrived a paparazzo snapped our pictures and then there was a doorman checking off our invites and all I had to do was point at Pier's dad and say "I'm with him."
I'll tell you this, nobody was taking pictures, like they had all dined there a hundred times before But I managed to sneak in a few.

No comments: