Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Did a Marathon...

...And I didn't even have to run, But I did have to eat a dozen gelatos because I walked (and ate) the Maratona dei Gelato (the marathon of ice cream)! It worked like this; Everybody meets in the city center and collects a card with the names of 12 ice cream shops. The goal was to go to every single shop and receive a free sample of their most famous flavor, eat it, get your card stamped, and move on to the next shop. Once you hit all 12 you go back to the center and collect your prize, which was more free ice cream! Because I was walking it took me 3 hours from start to finish and out of thousands of people, I came in 20th place. The best flavor of the day was ricotta and caramelized fig gelato. Other flavors were Nutella, sweet flour, dried candied fruit (like fruit cake), orange julius, and saffron. I took a picture of every stop, here are a few of them.

1 comment:

Loredana Mariotto said...

Gatsby's is my favourite ice cream shop ever! Mmmmmhhhhh you just make me want to run there for a 12 Gatsby's ice-cream marathon!