Saturday, February 20, 2010

An Empty Museum

 To get out of my freezing cold house and go some place warm I decided to head to the Torino Museum of Antiquities. A museum full of items found of ancient civilizations from the area and a museum with temperature control. Little did I know that on a brisk February Saturday afternoon, I would have the entire museum to myself, which I did. Being alone in a museum is perfectly peaceful AND it allowed me to take many up-close pictures of naked Etruscan wrestlers on vessel pots with out anyone judging.
The empty museum:
Will someone please tell me where I can get these fabulous sandals?:
And where I can get my hair done like this:
Ancient earings:
The naked Etruscan wrestlers:

1 comment:

scott davidson said...

If more beautiful snow is needed for your wall, how about letting an artist paint it for you. This tranquil picture, by American painter at the turn of the 20th century, John Henry Twachtman, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8DP7S7 , is an example of many others to be found at wahooart.com that can be ordered online from as a canvas print of any size to be delivered to your door.